Join us in creating a Lean Infrastructure
Deliver the Goals of Construction 2025
Why Join The Lean Construction Institute?
- Membership gives the opportunity to influence the future of Lean Construction in the UK through active involvement; where each person contributes to helping to improve and build a better UK construction industry.
- Membership supports our regional groups and chapters. These groups/chapters allow attendees to gather knowledge, to speak to others who are dealing with similar situations, to network and to call on the expertise of more experienced members of the group.
- Membership fees support our website which we are developing into the first point of call for information about Lean Construction in the UK.
- Our growing membership and friends comprise of some of the most knowledgeable practitioners, consultants and academics in the field of Lean Construction.
- To support a charity that is dedicated to the development and free promotion of Lean Construction and best practice in the UK for the benefit of all.
Categories of Membership
Individual membership is open to everyone. The fee for an annual membership is £100 + VAT. An individual member has one vote at company meetings.
Academic membership is open to those working at an academic institution in the UK and having an 'ac.uk' email address. At this time academic membership is £100.00 + VAT. Each academic member has one vote at company meetings.
Student membership is open to those studying at an academic institution in the UK and having an 'ac.uk' email address. At this time student membership is £25.00 + VAT. That is subject to change.
LCI-UK has offered corporate memberships since 2012. We are very pleased to have the following organisations on board:
A-One+ Integrated Highway Services; Aggregate Industries; Amey; BAM Nuttall; BG Group; Bourton Group; Carillion; Costain; CWC (UK); Highways Agency; Intel Ireland; Interserve Construction; Jacobs UK; M+W Group, Mace Group; Mercury Engineering; Morgan Sindall; Skanska; URS Infrastructure and Environment UK, Vinci Construction UK, and Winthrop Engineering and Contracting.
Thank you for your support and welcome to our new members!
Discounted membership is offered to individuals with Lean Construction Qualifications. It is not available with corporate applications.
The Lean Construction Institute would like to encourage people with Lean Construction Qualifications to join and actively contribute to the activities of the LCI. We would also like to acknowledge the effort those who have gained the qualifications have put in.
We therefore offer a discount of £25 + VAT from the first year of membership for holders of Lean Construction qualifications.
We currently recognise the following:
- BTEC Construction Lean Improvement Techniques
- Business Improvement Techniques S/NVQ (Applied to the Construction Industry). All levels of NVQ qualify for the discount.
- Lean Construction Module – offered by Loughborough Universtiy
- Lean Integrated Design and Production – offered by the the University of Salford